Climbing Family Trees: A Genealogist's Prayer - Author Unknown

Climbing Family Trees

More great stories, poems, and helpful hints about genealogy and searching for your family's roots from the twin authors of "Climbing Family Trees: Whispers In The Leaves"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Genealogist's Prayer - Author Unknown

A Genealogist’s Prayer
Author Unknown
Lord, help me dig into the pastAnd sift the sands of timeThat I might find the roots that madeThis family tree of mine.Lord, help me trace the ancient roadsOn which my fathers trod,
And led them through so many landsTo find our present sod.Lord, help me find an ancient bookOr dusty manuscriptThat's safely hidden now awayin some forgotten crypt.Lord, let it bridge the gap that hauntsmy soul when I can't findThe missing link between some namethat ends the same as mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>