Climbing Family Trees: The 23rd Psalm for Genealogists by Wildamae Brestal

Climbing Family Trees

More great stories, poems, and helpful hints about genealogy and searching for your family's roots from the twin authors of "Climbing Family Trees: Whispers In The Leaves"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The 23rd Psalm for Genealogists by Wildamae Brestal

Genealogy is my passion. I shall not wander.
It maketh me to lie down and examine half-buried tombstones.
It leadeth me into still courthouses.
It restoreth my ancestral knowledge.
It leadeth me into the paths of Soundex and ship’s passenger lists for my surnames’ sake.
Yea, though I wade through the shadows of libraries and microfilms, I will fear no failure, for the quest is upon me.
The curiosity and stimulation they comfort me.
It demandeth preparation and purchase of disk space in the presence of financial needs.
It anointest my head with burning midnight oil, my data base runneth over.
Surely birth, marriage and death dates shall haunt me all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of a family history seeker forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>