Climbing Family Trees: Mary Wanted To Be Found by Madonna Davis Marks

Climbing Family Trees

More great stories, poems, and helpful hints about genealogy and searching for your family's roots from the twin authors of "Climbing Family Trees: Whispers In The Leaves"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Mary Wanted To Be Found by Madonna Davis Marks

“Mary Wanted To Be Found”
Madonna Davis Marks
Recently, I went to a local cemetery where I have numerous relatives buried. I went to take pictures of their tombstones to add to my records in my Family Tree Maker software. It was a Sunday so I knew the office would be closed. My great Aunt Mary is buried there, but I had never visited the site and had no idea where it was. I was very close to my Great Aunt Mary when she was alive and thought she was one of the best women I had ever met. She had a wonderful Irish brogue. I'd visit her every St. Patrick's Day so that my children could do their Irish Dancing for her.

While in the cemetery that day I roamed through the section where I knew one of the tombstones was located. Something made me cross the road. I did a 180-degree turn to my left and I was staring at my Aunt Mary's stone! I almost fell over! I never imagined I could find her gravesite because the cemetery was so large. I started to cry because I knew Mary must have led me there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>