Climbing Family Trees: Genetics by Jim Bates

Climbing Family Trees

More great stories, poems, and helpful hints about genealogy and searching for your family's roots from the twin authors of "Climbing Family Trees: Whispers In The Leaves"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Genetics by Jim Bates

“Genetics”
Jim Bates
Australia
I saw a duck the other day.
It had the feet of my Aunt Faye!
When it walked it was heading South.
It waddled like my Uncle Ralph!

And when it turned, I must propose,
Its bill was formed like Aunt Jane’s nose.
I thought “Oh, no it’s just my luck.
Someday I’ll look just like a duck.”

I sobbed to Mum about my fears,
And she said “Honey, dry your tears.
You look like me, so walk with pride.
Those folks are all from Daddy’s side!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>